Wednesday 12 November 2008

Mind the Crap

"Doubts were raised today over London's ability to host the 2012 Olympics after thousands of visitors were stranded on their way to Docklands. Tourism minister Barbara Follett apologised to delegates at the World Travel Market at ExCel after the DLR broke down and there were problems on the tube. Ertugrul Gunay, Turkey's tourism minister said: "Traffic will pose a problem [in 2012].""

London Lite 12/11/2008

I'll tell you what Ertugrul, it's a bloody problem RIGHT NOW. I hadn't realised I was on the same DLR as all these incredibly important people. Babs I'm still waiting, I may not be a tourist but an apology would be nice. I doubt the delegates would have had to endure the walk from Mudchute to Deptford yesterday and with bags of food shopping. But maybe they were on a different DLR? Fancy that. After a women pulled the emergency cord this morning, I don't think I have ever felt so eager to ensure that said passenger was near death's sliding doors. I am not evil, the DLR has done this to me.

1 comment:

Brockley Nick said...

I once went to a football match in Istanbul. It took 3 hours by road to get there from the centre of town. There was no public transport alternative of any sort. This was absolutely standard, I was told by my Turkish hosts.

Istanbul bid for the 2008 Games and reportedly wants to go for 2020 too. I wouldn't pay too much attention to what that guy had to say!